Tuesday, January 17, 2012

the cr

It seems to me 2012 is moving at warp speed. I find that staying centered and faithful are two "tasks" that are very important for me as my days fill up with so much to do. This morning I took time to cook a pot of turnip greens --- Yum! Their deep green fed the deep green of my soul, while the onions and garlic I added for flavor fed my energy level with a certain feisty zest. Yesterday I enjoyed two hours of God-talk with 15 other women, who, like me, are so happy to be with each other doing this kind of thinking and exploring of how our bodies are in relationship to the Body of Christ.

I recently watched the French film, "Of Gods and of Men", which showed so beautifully and painfully how bodily practice -- good work, worship, camaraderie around meals, being in relationship with the community around you, and faithful suffering that does not ask to suffer but sustains suffering with integrity when it occurs -- brings Christ out of the woodwork. There's a scene in which the old doctor/monk rubs his cheek and upper body against the wall mural in which the crucified Christ is depicted. His psychic wounds are completely aligned with the wounds of the suffering of Christ. That's embodiment of the Holy!

No comments: